Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Canada-stan Wins: Almaty News Report.

My "World Geography" students and I created an interactive scoreboard for the two weeks of the Olympics. We have about 46 different nationalities attending our school here in Almaty. All but Indonesia, Ecuador, Palestine, Venezuala, Turkmenistan, and Parador were represented.

We updated the medal rankings every morning. I was getting a little nervous until the last 4 days when we (Canada) surged ahead.

Most of my students couldn't comprehend that I actually knew three of the torch bearers. But then I explained how few people live on Highway 16. That was even more puzzling for them.

1 comment:

Ερμής said...

hi my friend, you have a GREAT BLOG!!! I am a friend from Greece

http://diaforetikimatia.blogspot.com

The site above is my site. Please visit me, friends of Kazakhstan!!!